Battle of the Sexes is a biography, sport, comedy film written by Simon Beaufoy and directed by Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris.
Battle of the Sexes is produced by Christian Colson, Danny Boyle, Robert Graf and the cinematography is by Linus Sandgren.
Story: In the wake of the sexual revolution and the rise of the women’s movement, the 1973 tennis match between women’s world champion Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and ex-men’s-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell) was billed as the BATTLE OF THE SEXES and became one of the most watched televised sports events of all time, reaching 90 million viewers around the world. As the rivalry between King and Riggs kicked into high gear, off-court each was fighting more personal and complex battles. The fiercely private King was not only championing for equality, but also struggling to come to terms with her own sexuality, as her friendship with Marilyn Barnett (Andrea Riseborough) developed. And Riggs, one of the first self-made media-age celebrities, wrestled with his gambling demons, at the expense of his family and wife Priscilla (Elisabeth Shue). Together, Billie and Bobby served up a cultural spectacle that resonated far beyond the tennis court, sparking discussions in bedrooms and boardrooms that continue to reverberate today.
- Alan Cumming as Ted Tinling
- Andrea Riseborough as Marilyn Barnett
- Austin Stowell as Larry King
- Bill Pullman as Jack Kramer
- Elisabeth Shue as Priscilla Wheelan
- Emma Stone as Billie Jean King
- Eric Christian Olsen as Lornie Kuhle
- Jessica McNamee as Margaret Court
- Mark Harelik as Hank Greenberg
- Martha MacIsaac as Jane Bartkowicz
- Sarah Silverman as Gladys Heldman
- Steve Carell as Bobby Riggs
- Wallace Langham as Henry
Battle of the Sexes will be release September 22, 2017 in the United States.